[xml] xmlTextReaderSetStructuredErrorHandler vs xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc

Hello,

I have been practicing with the many error handlers that can be invoked when using the reader and I'm confused by the behaviour of xmlTextReaderSetStructuredErrorHandler.
The description reads "Register a callback function that will be called on error and warnings."; now, I have this xml file whose header is wrong (not <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> but <?xml version="2.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>) and xmlTextReaderSetStructuredErrorHandler does not detect it. On the other hand, xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc does.
What is exactly the difference between the two?

Thanks,
Massimo