Re: [xml] libxml2-2.7.1 compiling error under Solaris/GCC

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Stanley Laufer <slaufer slis sjsu edu> wrote:
Greetings,

I'm compiling 2.7.1 under Solaris 9 using GCC 3.4.6 and I'm running
into the error included below.  This seems to possibly be related to
the issue described in the following thread:

   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2008-September/msg00116.html

Offtopic, but seems either Gmail or Gnome Mail Archive have problems
with "From " at the beginning of line...  Refernced e-mail was not
ended by

    If yes (includes), then we can just include inttypes.h instead of
    stdint.h or just both (after checking for existence by autoconf, of
    course) for paranoia reasons.

There was yet cite from the autoconf manual:

    >From the Autoconf Manual:
    (http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Header-Portability.html)

   inttypes.h vs. stdint.h
       The C99 standard says that inttypes.h includes stdint.h, so
       there's no need to include stdint.h separately in a standard
       environment. Some implementations have inttypes.h but not
       stdint.h (e.g., Solaris 7), but we don't know of any
       implementation that has stdint.h but not inttypes.h.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew w nosenko gmail com>