[xml] Using xmlSchemaSetValidOptions() to read default/fixed values

Hello,

I am new to XML/Schema/libxml2. I am trying to use default/fixed value of attributes/elements from XSD while parsing the XML instance document using libxml2. On searching the list I came across this thread (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2004-October/msg00001.html) that recommends using xmlSchemaSetValidOptions() to set XML_SCHEMA_VAL_VC_I_CREATE. This requires an instance of xmlSchemaValidCtxtPtr. However, I am not sure how to associate this validator context with the document tree of XML instance document. Can someone please direct me? A code snippet would help if possible.

Thanks,
Siva