[xml] parent node property

Please see below.

From: Jagdev Bhogal
Sent: 13 June 2008 12:54
To: 'xml gnome org '

Dear all

I am trying to build a parent-child array from an xml hierarchy.

So the array is {child value: parent value} eg {assault: crime}, {murder:crime}, {theft:crime} etc

I get the parent of a current node using par_node=cur_node->parent

but instead of giving me the name of the first element, its giving me all of the children as well.

What its giving me:

:0.000000: 0},{assault:

      crime

        murder

        computer_crime

        theft

        drug_trafficking

        sexual_assault

        assault

        torture

        kidnapping

        arson

        gang_activity

          criminal

          name

etc

What I would like:

{assault:crime}

Is there anyway I can just retrieve  the first name value ie crime?

Thank you for your help.

Mrs Jagdev Bhogal

Senior Lecturer in Database Systems

Dept. of Computing

Birmingham City University

Feeney Building

Perry Barr

Birmingham

B42 2SU

Tel: 0121 331 7658

Birmingham City University is the new name unveiled for the former University of Central England in Birmingham
For more information about the name change go to http://www.bcu.ac.uk/namechange/official_announcement.html