Re: [xml] LibXml2 Crash in MultiThreaded Windows

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 07:56:42AM -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
Also it would be grt if u or Igor can spare some of ur valuable time &
go thru this blog......

  But there isn't much we can do about this, this means the libc interfaces
are not standardized on Windows.

There is nothing strange about that. It also is a good reason why its
stressed not to mix where you allocate/de-allocate memory (same with
file descriptors) when working with dlls. If allocated in dll, make sure
you de-allocate from within the dll. If you follow those guidelines, you
can successfully use the library with a client compiled with a different

  Maybe one thing we can try do is minimize the reliance on FILE * . I would
hope fd integers values might be more portable across implementations
(or at least not lead to crashes). Of course we can't just deprecate FILE *
based APIs but making sure we don't use them too much internally and maybe
document the associated problems. I think most of the FILE based APIs are
about dump or debug output, and with the xmlSave module it should be as
convenient to use Fds .
  For internal use it's maybe the xmlIO.c which could be cleaned up
a bit, but it's unclear this would really bring much benefits.

Red Hat Virtualization group
Daniel Veillard      | virtualization library