[xml] Modifications (was: Building libxml2 on solaris)

Daniel Veillard wrote:
 What kind of modifications ? I'm wondering ...

Daniel
I made a slight change to xmlParseTryOrFinish (and similarly htmlParseTryOrFinish) to change the conditions under which it merges consecutive calls to the character callback.

It seemed to be merging them even when I thought it shouldn't, e.g. if the user data or the function pointers to the handlers had changed between calls. So if I tried to parse the text "foo" with user data X, and then the text "bar" with user data Y, it seemed to queue them up and parse the whole lot ("foobar") at the end, when the user data was Y. This was bad because I wanted the user data to be X when "foo" was being parsed.

(It could be that I've misunderstood something, or am calling the function wrongly in some way; feel free to correct me if so.)

Rachael