Re: [xml] libxml2 win64

On Feb 8, 2008 12:38 PM, Igor Zlatkovic <igor zlatkovic com> wrote:
On 07/02/08 06:01, Eric Zurcher csiro au wrote:
Hi Fabrice,

I am not aware of anyone providing 64-bit Windows binaries for libxml2,
but it would be useful if someone were to do so. If you succeed in your
recompilation, perhaps you could pass your binaries on to Igor for
broader distribution.

This has some demand, judged by the emails I receive offlist and I
expect it will grow. I must update my hardware soon and should I come to
posess something that is 64-bit capable, I'll provide and support these
binaries along with 32-bit ones by default.

In fact, I could cross-compile them now, but then I won't really be able
to debug them should a plague arise which is not reproducible on a
32-bit platform.

On the other side, this software is quite bit-independent and it runs
quite good on 64-bit Unix platforms. Perhaps I should just cross-compile
  64-bit binaries and send them forth. A bit-related problem is rare
enough to handle. And the time between now and when I posess 64-bit
hardware is short, at least by cosmic measures :) :)

I've been using a 64-bit libxml2 on windows for a while now, with no
issues other than a frustrating use of int where size_t should be used
for function args.  I have not used it with iconv and zlib, though I
have used both of those independantly as 64-bit.

--
Cory Nelson