Re: [xml] Regarding Internal & External Subset CallBacks During Sax Parsing

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 10:42:05AM +0530, Ashwin wrote:

   Hi,

       While  parsing using Sax callbacks, as soon as the Doctype Decl is
   encountered we are bound to get an internal subset callback as well as
   an  external  subset  callback  irrespective  of  the  fact whether an
   internal subset is present or not.

   From  what  I  have  understood  we should get only an internal subset
   callback in the following case:-

   <!Doctype rootelement [

          <!ENITITY corpname "HTIPL">

   ]>

   Only an external subset call back in the following case:-

   <!Doctype rootelement SYSTEM "elem-dtd.dtd">

   And both external & internal subset callbacks in the following case:-

   <!Doctype rootelement SYSTEM "elem-dtd.dtd" [

          <!ENITITY corpname "HTIPL">

   ]>

   However  currently  we  get an internal subset callback followed by an
   external subset callback in each of the three cases. Is this behaviour
   correct?

  Well, SAX behaviour is not really well defined especially for C, this may
be a bit misleading I agree, but I'm not sure if it's worth fixing, and if
that would change anything if we did. I think it's kind of an historical
behaviour and changing it now won't bring much, no ?

Daniel