Re: [xml] Suggesting something like malloc_trim after freeing

Hello Daniel,

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 11:50:10AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

 Actually portability wouldn't concern me that much, that could be tested
automatically, what makes it not acceptable is the amount of inpredictability
this would bring to the API.
Ah, yes, agreed.

  Now, that's a very good point. This wasn't raised that many time but
  i can understand how it could be useful to some users, agreed !
The main problem is to realize what is going on :) The bug-report I
received was like "We are running out of memory when debug messages are
disabled!" (because when enabled, vsyslog triggered compacting the
heap). So, to spread the word I just got the idea, that maybe a comment
in the example sources would also be a good thing? Then again, those
examples immediately end the process after freeing, so there is not much
of a difference.

I am adding it to SVN, it should show up on the web site soon,
thanks a lot for the suggestion and the wording,
I am glad that you think it is useful,

All the best,

   Wolfram

--