Re: [xml] Parser error: html entities not defined

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 07:22:21PM -0300, Bruno Dilly wrote:
Indeed, the rss is not-well-formed. Is it possible to load an external
dtd not included in the rss?

  Yes separately to validate a document. See the documentation.
What you can't or should NOT try to do is to process something which
is not well-formed to make it work if it's not XML.
  If an RSS feed is broken, DROP IT, then people will fix it !
If you don't I think you make a disservice to the users, and you have
no garantee from me that what you did to make it work with libxml2
will continue to work in the future.

For example, can I load
http://my.netscape.com/publish/formats/rss-0.91.dtd before parse the
file? And is possible to load it from a local file? How could I do it?

 What do you want to do ? You can use a separated DTD to validate an
already parsed well-formed XML file. That's possible in the API. What you
can't do is to modify the parsing to fake a non-existent DTD.
If you want to  have the DTD local see the catalog support, there is a
page describing it, and it's a standard.
   http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html

Daniel