Re: [xml] XInclude error - detected a recursion

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 04:43:55PM +1000, Graeme Perkins wrote:

   I've  maintained a set of procedures manuals in docbook xml myself for
   a  few  years. Now we have a small team, I decided to further split up
   the  source  for  these  manuals.  I  now have about 100 source files.
   Before I had about 20.
   Since  doing  this  I  started  to  see  the message "XInclude error -
   detected a recursion" when resolving the XIncludes with:
   %LIBROOT%\libxml\xmllint.exe  --xinclude  --postvalid --noent --output
   %RESOLVEDXML% "%SOURCEXML%"
   Resolving  used  to  take  about 80 seconds, but after breaking up the
   sources the XIncludes xmllint know takes 2 hours. (The output is about

  that's way over the acceptable time. There is something wrong, it's impossible
to guess what, but I can't garantee I will have time to go though hundred of
files chasing a bug for you. I suggest you go back to how you made the
modifications until the bug shows up that would allow to restrain the problem.
I would first also :
   - make sure to use the latest version of libxml2 as you don't specify
     the version used
   - try the transformation on a linux or UNIX box, there is just too many way
     the Windows path/URI conversion can go wrong and fail in subtle ways.

Daniel