[xml] Query regarding Xpath

Hi,
    I am new to xpath. I am using Libxml2-2.6.28 version. I have a query regarding the xpath. My xml document
on which i use the xpath is like this,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Element1 xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.mypage.com/users/app/cfg D:\usercfg.xsd">
    <Element2 atrr1="true">
    </Element2>
</Element1>

    and my xpath query code is like this,

tree = xmlParseFile(filename);
ctxt = xmlXPathNewContext(tree->doc);
res = xmlXPathEval("//Element1", ctxt);
       If i check the result for the number of nodes, it is showing 0 (res->nodesetval->nodeNr). However if i
change the input xml document to point like this,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Element1 xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="usercfg.xsd">

    <Element2 atrr1="true">
    </Element2>
</Element1>

    Then the result set is correct. Is the usage of namespace in my document incorrect. Thanks in advance for
your reply.

Regards,
Nagesh.