Re: [xml] build on HP-UX with GCC fails with "Compiler not ANSI compliant"

byron wrote:
Rick,
Thanks.
I appreciate where your loyalty's must lie. I've installed the 64bit GCC compiler so why isn't it picking up this ANSI compliant compiler and is instead using the "bundled" compiler?

Because the configure script is running "cc" not "gcc" You need to preceed the configure script with something like CC=gcc:

CC=gcc ./configure

and see if that works-around the problem.

rick jones