Re: [xml] Help Required

Xen Cloete wrote:
I assume you mean Visual C++ 6.0, not one of the newer .NET ones.
Yip that's correct. VC++ 6.00.

Forgive me for asking the obvious: did you add libxml2.lib to the
"Object/library modules" field of the Link tab of the Project Settings
dialog?
Yip it certainly has been added. See my setting with the reply to GORKA.

Actually in that mail you say:

In the workspace area, mine is situated on the left:
Header files:
      All xml header file are included here

Adding third party headers explicitly to your project is usually a bad
idea (although it can work). Better to just put them where the compiler
can find them.
The easiest way is to copy them to <VC6 Install Dir>\VC98\INCLUDE (and
put the .lib in <VC6 Install Dir>\VC98\LIB).

Resource files:
      libxml2.lib
      lib.lib
      Iconv.lib

It don't think this causes them to be linked in, so this is pretty
pointless.

              Object/library modules:
              Ws2_32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib
winspool.lib                  comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib
ole32.lib oleaut32.lib                uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

That looks like the regular set of Windows libs - libxml2.lib (and
iconv.lib) are conspicuously absent, even though you say you have them.