Re: [xml] When will you support xml version 1.1?

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 10:19 +0200, Oliver Meyer wrote:
[...]
So, the short answer is "No, libxml is not going to support xml version
1.1".

I think this is sad.  I agree that  is a silliness that we could
do without -- it was an unhappy compromise, and at the same time lthe
literal C1 controls (equally meaningless) were banned, which actually
helps catch a whole bunch of errors.

It's rare that a change to a spec makes everyone happy.  I'm not
sure we (W3C) made _anyone_ happy with XML 1.1, unfortunately.

The worst is requiring XML 1.0 processors to reject XML 1.1
documents, I think that was a big mistake.  But I'd still
like to see libxml support XML 1.1.

Liam