Re: [xml] When will you support xml version 1.1?

Our problem area has been ISO2709 which are converted to MARCXML (from network sources beyond our control). Right now problematic chars, say &#7, are just thrown away. Another option to avoid data loss would for us to make _private_ semantics <char num="7"/>.

Another option if you want to tunnel what is essentially uninterpreted binary data through XML is to Base64 encode it, that way even NUL bytes or whatever can be handled safely. (As Daniel pointed out, XML 1.1 does not allow arbitrary binary data as text content).

Best regards,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!