Re: [xml] Purify reports invalid pointers in MT appl

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 09:34:15AM +0200, Martin Ronner wrote:
Hi all.

Purify reports lots of
- "IPW: Invalid pointer write"
- "IPR: Invalid pointer read"
for
- xmlReaderForMemory() with an invalid base URL
- xmlTextReaderSchemaValidate() with a relative xsd path
in a multithreaded application.

If I do the same in a singlethreaded application everything's fine.

How serious do I need to take this?

  Seems to complain about getcwd(), it's used only once in xmlIO.c
as
   getcwd(dir, 1024) != NULL)
where dir is defined as
   char dir[1024];
on the stack. Looks to me that Purify is on crack ... but maybe
I'm wrong, I would say check with a debugger,

Daniel