Re: [xml] =?iso-8859-1?q?=BFleak_using_libxml2_for_sax-parsing_html_i?= =?iso-8859-1?q?n_python=3F?=

Thank you!. It worked! Now the memory stays stable.

I have download the source from the viewcvs interface (http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/libxml2).
By the way...  what is the url to get all the libxml2 trunk with the svn command? The doc in the website is a bit outdated.

On 1/9/07, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 05:12:16PM +0100, Cesar Ortiz wrote:
> Hi again,
> It has sense what you say. I changed the test code to force the calling of
> htmlFreeParserCtxt and it works the same ;).
>
> I have also done a translation of the example to C, and it works nicely in
> my environtment.
>
> One last attempt about the python example... I am sending you the testing
> python code and a html file it uses. You just have to run it and check the
> memory with top (or checking /proc) to see the memory consumption (If
> instead a for loop you change it with an infinite loop the system gets out
> of memory.  Could you just say to me how the memory consumption evolves in
> your environment? (Your memory functions report that everything is OK.)

  We investigated the problem with William, and I think we have it nailed
down in SVN: Committed revision 3573 , it was basically reference counting of
sttribute strings passed in a dictionnary which were not decremented leading
to the leak.
  Patch enclosed,

Daniel

Daniel Veillard      | virtualization library  http://libvirt.org/