Re: [xml] Line number always 0 on schema error

Happy New Year all!

Anything new on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Andreas Tscharner
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 5:05 PM
To: veillard redhat com
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Line number always 0 on schema error

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:57:24PM +0100, Andreas Tscharner wrote:
Hello World, heelo Daniel,

I'm validating an XML file against a schema (Delphi):

schParCtxt := xmlSchemaNewMemParserCtxt(schemBuf, schemBufLen);
sch        := xmlSchemaParse(schParCtxt);
schValCtxt := xmlSchemaNewValidCtxt(sch);
schemaRet  := xmlSchemaValidateDoc(schValCtxt, xmlFile);

If schemaRet is != 0 I'll get the error using xmlGetLastError:

if (schemaRet <> 0) then begin
  schemError := xmlGetLastError();

No matter for what reason nor where an error happens during the
validation, the schemError^.line value is always 0.

I'm using libxml2 2.6.26 with the Delphi bindings...

  Please try first with the latest version, so we don't chase a
non-existent bug.

Confirmed for the latest version 2.6.27...

The schemaRet error code is 1868, the domain code is 17,
error level is
XML_ERR_ERROR and the given text is correct: I removed a required
attribute from a node("The attribute 'z' is required but missing")...
The program and the schema are both in memory.

Best regards
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas tscharner metromec ch
And the beast shall come forth surrounded by a roiling cloud of
vengeance. The house of the unbelievers shall be razed and they shall be
scorched to the earth. Their tags shall blink until the end of days.
                                            -- The Book of Mozilla 12:10