Re: [xml] libxml2 Perl Bindings

On st 22. srpna 2007, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 07:08:13AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
Please consider adding up-to-date Perl binding info to the
libxml2 home page.  The Perl binding that is aimed at tracking
libxml2 completely is the XML::LibXML module available at
www.cpan.org.  It is being actively developed and maintained
and its mailing list is at
perl-xml listserv activestate com

  What about giving a full URL to the project page ? That would
help. Also did the maintainer changed ? XML::LibXML has been
around for a long long time, I don't recognize your name but I
think that's the 5th mail I get from you asking for this, so I
wonder what is going on ! Is that a zealotry case, some kind of
background change or a real missing information ? I have a hard
time guessing out !
  What info do you consider not uptodate ? pointers and details
please !

   thanks,

Daniel

Daniel,

the current maintainer of the Perl bindings happens to be me.
Currently xmlsoft.org refers to the bindigns at
http://xmlsoft.org/python.html (a bit confusing by itself) as
follows

"Matt Sergeant developed XML::LibXSLT, a Perl wrapper for
libxml2/libxslt as part of the AxKit XML application server."

Although this is true, none of the links provided currently points
to something useful and moreover, the paragraph is probably hard to
find. This is probably the reason behind Tom's postings.

I suggest the following changes, which should be more than
sufficient for most users:

Remove the aforementioned paragraph, and instead add a link

to the section Related links, along C++, Ruby, PHP, etc. at
http://xmlsoft.org and a possibly another link

bindings</a>

to the section Related links (near XSLT with PHP) at
http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT.

Thanks a lot and appologies to both you and Tom about not stepping
in sooner.
-- Petr