[xml] UNISTD.H, NETDB.h and windows and related lib's and or dll's

Title: UNISTD.H, NETDB.h and windows and related lib's and or dll's

question from a novice

I have downloaded the latest sources from the http://svn.gnome.org/svn/libxml2/trunk

I changed to the bakefile directory and produced the make files using bakefile_gen for Visual Studio 6.0 IDE

I get the following error during compilation of nanoftp.c and nanohttp.c

C:\dsa5\xml\libxml2\nanoftp.c(32) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h': No such file or directory

my question is from where under windows 2000 visual studio 6.0 shall sys/socket.h and related dll's or lib's come from?

I can #undef HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H in config.h, but what do I give up doing so?

Also from where do I get netdb.h and related lib's and dll's for windows 2000?

Thankyou for help
Josef