Re: [xml] access violation problem

_______________________________

        From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Steve Van Esch
        Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:39 PM
        To: xml gnome org
        Subject: [xml] access violation problem

        Hi, I'm brand new to LibXML and all has been going fairly well for me until I encountered this
problem:
        "Unhandled exception at 0x77bed058 (ntdll.dll) in k2.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing
location 0x00000014."
        I'm developing on Windows using VS2007.  These calls don't always fail, it works fine the first time
but fails on a second attempt even though it's referencing the very same file.  One difference is that the
second attempt is happening on a worker thread instead of the primary GUI thread.

          xmlInitParser();  // not sure if I need this
          m_pDoc = xmlReadFile(m_filePath, NULL, 0);
        Thanks for any help,

        Steve

- - -

xmlInitParser(); should be the very first call to libXML and you should do it in your main thread before any
other thread is using libXML.

AFAIK all other libXML functions should then be thread safe.

best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Martin Trappel