[xml] Not-Well formed document parsed successfully

Hi,

I am currently involved in testing LibXml, while doing the same I came across an anomaly, apparently characters which are not allowed inside comments are being parsed successfully. Its something like this---

<!DOCTYPE book [

<!ELEMENT book ANY>

]>

<!-- IllegalChar #x0e

 in p02:  -->

<book/>

The comment in the above snippet contains an illegal character #x0e, however Libxml parses this successfully, even though it’s not a well-formed document. I am not sure whether this is allowed or not, can some one help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwin Sinha