Re: [xml] Not-Well formed document parsed successfully

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:06:56AM +0530, Ashwin wrote:

   Hi,

   I am currently involved in testing LibXml, while doing the same I came
   across  an anomaly, apparently characters which are not allowed inside
   comments are being parsed successfully. Its something like this---

   <!DOCTYPE book [

   <!ELEMENT book ANY>

   ]>

   <!-- IllegalChar #x0e

    in p02:  -->

   <book/>

   The  comment  in the above snippet contains an illegal character #x0e,
   however  Libxml  parses  this  successfully,  even  though  it's not a
   well-formed  document.  I  am not sure whether this is allowed or not,
   can some one help me out.

  What version ? There was such a bug that I fixed in 2.6.24 IIRC.
And to provide a test case for this use an attachement as sending it as mail
content is completely unreliable.

Daniel