Re: [xml] What is the _private field actually for?
- From: Nic James Ferrier <nferrier tapsellferrier co uk>
- To: Michael Day <mikeday yeslogic com>
- Cc: xml gnome org, veillard redhat com
- Subject: Re: [xml] What is the _private field actually for?
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:42:45 +0100
Michael Day <mikeday yeslogic com> writes:
That's a pity, but quite understandable; it's shocking how so many
different versions of the same libraries need to be installed to make
all the apps work. (Prince actually ends up getting linked to libxml2
and expat, which is used by Fontconfig, so two XML parsers!)
IMHO we don't need a new library. We just need simpler (but less
adaptable) layers on top of libxml2.
An expat compatability layer would be cool for example.
Lot's of people I've worked with do seem to find libxml2 difficult.
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk for all your tapsell ferrier needs
] [Thread Prev