Re: [xml] libxml2.xmlIO.awn.1.patch

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 12:12:21PM +0400, Emelyanov Alexey wrote:
Tim Van Holder <tim vanholder anubex com> wrote:

 >>> * xmlIO.c [HAVE_STAT && HAVE__STAT]:
 >>> Fix the compilation breakage: macro that redefines of the 'stat'
 >>> as '_stat' is removed (was introduced in the r1.172).
 >>>
 >> Removing this macro results in occurrence of warnings about
 >> types incompatibility in _wstat() call on Windows.
 >>
 >> Changes in this patch (for xmlIO.c rev. 1.172):
 >> 1. Replacement of 'stat' on '_stat' only on Windows
 >> 2. C style comments are used
 > [...]
 >
 > I'm pretty sure DJGPP has stat under its normal name.  Also, the test
 > you write tests for "DJGPP unless it's cygwin", but DJGPP is DOS-based
 > and has nothing to do with Cygwin, so that makes no sense.

Sorry, I have no opportunity to test library with DJGPP.
If you can, make your patch and test it please.

 > In fact, if this is an issue only for Visual C++, and
 > not for Borland or the other Windows C compilers it may make even more
 > sense to test for that instead

Patched library was compiled with MSVC 5.0, MSVC 7.1,
Mingw (gcc 3.4.2), Borland C++ 5.5.

  I'm on the road for one more week, so there is no hurry, but it would be
good if all remaining issues could be sorted out on the list till then. A
new release is needed and if we could have all the bits ready and tested in
a week, well I would appreciate that :-)

  thanks !

Daniel