Re: [xml] bug 362989 -- still problem

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 04:06:13PM -0800, Yong Chen (yongche) wrote:
I'll do more debugging (including trimming down the size of b.xsd) to
see if I can provide more info. Also did you mean if I fix the
"non-deterministic" issue in xsd file, I'll not run into this problem?

  The non-determinism comes from the fact that all your blocks have
minOccurs = 0, which means that there is epsilon transition from any
state to any other state forward. I think the processing time is due to
the elimimation of this mass of e-transition into an even bigger mass of
transitions labelled by the element name. Solving the non-determinism
by imposing elements structure at least between some blocks would also
solve the processing cost. Solving it by renaming element and not
touching the structure won't solve it.

Daniel