Re: [xml] xmlNewInputFromFile URI problems on Win32

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 07:31:41PM +1100, Michael Day wrote:
Hi,

When I call this on Windows:

     input = xmlNewInputFromFile(ctxt, "c:\\foo.xml");

the resulting input->filename looks like this:

     file:///c%3A/foo.html

Should the colon really be escaped?

  it's in the reserved group of RFC 2396, so I guess that yes this sounds
the proper behaviour.

Even worse, calling xmlPathToURI gives this:

     file%3A///c%253A/foo.html

This appears to have been doubly escaped. Are there some issues with URL
handling on Windows?

  As I stated before the release, "please test on Windows", as there is
no way I can test myself. Maybe nobody tried before the release and hence
problems are popping out now ...
  I take patches, that's all I can say :-\

Daniel