From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:27 PM
To: Yong Chen (yongche)
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] bug 362989

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 12:12:11PM -0800, Yong Chen (yongche) wrote:

Hi Daniel,

  Hi Yong,

Thanks a lot, I do appreciate your effort, time, and kindness.

  see the bitter frenchman sometimes actually helps. Today
was holliday in France, so I managed to get some time !

Also wanted to let you know, it's not that I didn't want to
spend my
time on it, you know I'm using libxml2 seriously. Actually
I've been
debugging this issue for a long time, including reading
libxml source
code, trimming down the xsd file for all kinds of testings.
Trust me,
I did spend lots of time on it.

  Okay :-) What made it hard for me was that content for that
type had initially more than a hundred state, impossible to
track the behaviour completely, problem was to spot the
problem pattern.

As for my xsd file, I knew it had "non-deterministic" problem (that
is, name uniqueness violation), I used a Java xsd validator and it
showed me the problem. But libxml2 should show me the same error
(instead, it went into infinite loop), that's something I
want to fix.

  okay, reasonnable. That bit of information could have been
useful though.

Yes the xsd file is auto-generated, your comments remind me
to make it
more readable (or user-friendly). I'll see if I can do
something about
it.

Again, thanks a lot. I'll fix my xsd issue. And where can I see the
bug fix and optimization code? (in the bugzilla)?

Ah, right, the fix is in CVS. I don't think it's really a
loop issue, rather that a behaviour which was exponential
being reduced to something more acceptable. Though it seems
to have fixed 5 more tests in runsuite, maybe there was a
real error underneath. A complex issue of recreating a
transition using the normal API to avoid duplicate instead of
direct in-situ modification of the transition.
I need to update the bugzilla entry, I made the mail first
... good point.

Daniel

veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit
http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search
engine  http://rpmfind.net/