[xml] Parsing xml files

Hi,
I want to access the leaf elements in a xml document file and store them as a plain text file removing the tags.I am new to xml and libxml.From the documents and help material of http://xmlsoft.org/ ,I am not getting which
module to take from libxml.

The code-example section says about parse1.c to parse4.c, but they are not available in libxml2-2.6.11, moreover libxml/tree.h and libxml/parser.h I am not able to find.

Could anyone experienced in libxml please guide me how I can get my job my done ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Sukomal Pal

Research Scholar,