[xml] Re: moving code from MacOS 9 to MacOS X

On Mar 31, 2006, stefano marchese sinedita it wrote:

... hi everybody,

I wonder of anybody can help to try to solve the following strange
problem.

I developed my xml parser on MacOS 9 and now I am trying moving this
application to MacOS X. My code parse XML files using xmlParseFile () and
xmlDocGetRootElement() APIs.
Then I test the "name" an the "type" content of each xmlNodePtr.

On MacOS 9 these fields are always right.

On MacOS X the "name" is right but the "type" is always 0.

Does anybody have an idea to try to solve this "unwanted" situation.

I've never seen this behavior. Are you using the libxml that ships with Mac OS X
or are you compiling your own?

This almost sounds like what could happen if the header is mismatched with the one used to build libxml, i.e. if the data structure size/alignment changed on you
or something.

David