[xml] moving code from MacOS 9 to MacOS X

... hi everybody,

I wonder of anybody can help to try to solve the following strange
problem.

I developed my xml parser on MacOS 9 and now I am trying moving this
application to MacOS X. My code parse XML files using xmlParseFile() and
xmlDocGetRootElement() APIs.
Then I test the "name" an the "type" content of each xmlNodePtr.

On MacOS 9 these fields are always right.

On MacOS X the "name" is right but the "type" is always 0.

Does anybody have an idea to try to solve this "unwanted" situation.

TIA

-- Stefano