Re: [xml] lazy libxml

Hello Nic,

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:50:42 +0100
Nic James Ferrier <nferrier tapsellferrier co uk> wrote:

I want a lazy implementation of libxml for my XRT project.

I am collecting my thoughts on how to build lazyness into libxml2.

I'm not a libxml developer, but I think that it's just impossible.

If anyone has any views on how to do it, or has already done any work
on it then please contact me, or make suggestions on this thread.

In XSieve I played with lazyness. XSieve is a hybrid of XSLT and Scheme.
On the Scheme side, the XML data is automatically represented as SXML.
Initially, I used the lazy conversion. Than I switched to full conversion,
without on-demand tricks. Result is: the code is much faster. Yes, the
lazy version drained performance by checking if something is already
instantiated or not.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs