RE: [xml] Status of the ISO Schematron implementation

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of cstrong arielpartners com
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:42 PM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Status of the ISO Schematron implementation

Hello:

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 06:27:51PM +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
I am thus wondering what is the status of the Schematron
implementation
and if I should enter bugs.

Well I started working on it, hoping it would be simple and quick.
Daniel

FWIW, I would like to register as an "interested party" :-)
I am working on a large, multi-year project and we have lots of XML to
be validated.  We have a big team, and there are people using a
combination of Schematron, RelaxNG, XSD, RelaxNG+Embedded Schematron,
XSD+Embedded Schematron...

We have been using tools like jing, trang, Sun MSV, 4Suite on various
platforms.  It would be great to have a reliable up to date Schematron
implementation!

I think Schematron has been suffering from poor marketing.  I think
many people have reinvented that wheel b/c they didn't know
it existed.
Alas, myself included.

--Craeg

I'm also interested in the W3C XML Schema + Embedded Schematron thingy.
Currently only WSX is not sufficient for a lot of structures we use
in our XML documents.
I tried to autogenerate C code (from the XML Schema for Schematron) for
the parsing of Schematron's instructions some time ago, but got
distracted with other things. If anyone wants to work on the Schematron
module, then I could dig this up again if it helps.

Regards,

Kasimier