Re: [xml] Namespaces! Agh!

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 10:58:40AM +0200, ensonic wrote:
Would it make sense to add a #define XML_NS_NULL (-1) for that purpose and
handle it respectively? Still not nice though.

  I don't like this, this does not match any internal processing. This is one
specific weirdness of the API though IMHO probably not that much of a problem.
In general either you use namespaces or not. If you use them and you compose
vocabularies they will all be namespaced, adding a non-namespaced island
in the middle of a namespaced document looks like someone tried to retrofit
an old vocabulary in a recent framework, I really don't expect this to be
a common case. The most common when you create a child of a namespaced element
is to reuse the same namespace (i.e. same vocabulary) unless you switch
to another namespaced vocabulary.

Daniel