[xml] Cancelling xsltApplyStylesheetUser()

Hi,

Shaun McCance and myself have been looking at ways to cancel a long running xsltApplyStylesheet() call. We want it to be possible for the user to cancel an operation if it is taking too long in Yelp[1] (GNOME's help browser).

Shaun has found that setting the xsltTransformContext->state = XML_STATE_STOPPED in the extension element function, the xsltApplyStylesheet() call then returns immediately (after the ext. element function returns).

My question is, if we cancel the process in this way, is the transformContext and result document in a consistent state where we can just call xsltFreeTransformContext() and xmlFreeDoc() and not leak large amounts of memory?

[1] We are investigating making the DocBook stylesheets work on a single "chunk" instead of processing the whole DocBook file in one go, but in the meantime are investigating stopping the xsltApplyStylesheet() call.

Thanks,

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>
IRC: smitten