Re: [xml] thanks a lot ---some more help ---

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 05:49:38AM -0500, Rob Richards wrote:
Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
There's no "make tests" equivalent for the win side. If you look at
the makefile for win, you'll see only two test-sections defined there.
What exactly is the difference between the "make tests" and the runtest/runsuite? I had started on building out the tests in the win makefile to make things a bit easier to work with but if the runtest.exe and runsuite.exe are how the tests should be run under windows I wont bother.

  Seen README.tests ?
All that explains is what the three programs do and how to run them. Just wanted to know if one way was better (or more accurate) than the other.

Reason I ask is I ran the tests both ways on linux then tried it on Windows. Windows failed for all the ent11 and ns7 tests using runtests (while the nmake tests were passing as it ended up ignoring the line endings) so I was tracking down why. Seems grabbing those files result\.. (and it is only those 2 sets of files) from CVS under windows has windows line endings while the same files retrieved under linux has unix linefeeds. Its not a CVS setting as the other result files are retrieved correctly with unix line endings. cvs diff shows no difference between the files, so wondering where the linefeeds are coming from.

Rob