From: cazic gmx net [mailto:cazic gmx net]
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 5:35 PM
To: Israel Ganor
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Schema validation error - enumeration

Hi,

Von: Israel Ganor <ganor softlink com>
Datum: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:10:38 +0200

Hi,

I have a severe schema validation error with libxml2 ver
2.6.20 (Win32
binaries). I simplifies the error to a minimal schema and XML file
(see attached).

When validating the file using xmlSchemaValidateDoc(), I get this
error on line 4: Element 'DOWNLOAD', attribute 'DOWNLOAD-METHOD':
'fastcopy' is not a valid value of the local atomic type.

Might have been a bug in 2.6.20.
The latest version is 2.6.22, and actually I recommend using
the schema processor as it is in the CVS head. But I see that
the Win32 binaries for the last two releases are not
available. If Igor doesn't wake up until the 4th of Januar,
I'll try to provide them and will inform you.

Surprisingly, xmllint.exe successfully validates this file
and schema.
In addition, XmlSpy validates it successfully.

Yes, the schema + instance are perfectly valid.
But beware of XMLSpy's schema processor. I recommend using
the latest Xerces schema processor as a reference validator.

What is the problem?
And why xmllint and xmlSchemaValidateDoc() give different results?

xmllint uses xmlSchemaValidateDoc() as well, so I don't know
what exactly causes this effect on your side. You could look
into the source of xmllint and compare your validation code
with it. Be sure that xmllint and your app use the same
libxml2.DLL; i.e. it might be the case that xmllint or your
app use an older DLL. Scan your drive for multiple libxml2.DLLs.

Regards,

Kasimier