Re: [xml] Potential wrong usage of xmlIsID() in tree.c

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:56:49AM -0500, Rob Richards wrote:
Thanks for the explanations though. Does this mean then that in the unlink and replace functions it should never remove idness for any attribute or should only remove it from non xml:id ones?

  xml:id covers only this attribute, nothing else. So don't expand
this to normal ones. I'm still not sure how unlink on an attribute should work in the
general case, if you take an Infoset viewpoint there is no reason to
remove it, if you take a DTD viewpoint IDness is dependant on the carrying
element. Grey area... I would still tend to favor the Infoset one
myself, but I may be biased.
I'm just going to remove the ID removal functionality from the unlinknode and replacenode functions then, assuming no objects. Makes it a bit more flexible as its easier for the calling application to remove IDness, if so desired, than having to keep track of it and add it back.

Rob