[xml] Newbie help

Hi there
I am a complete newbie so just humour me if i say anything incredibly wrong and amusing!

I am trying to install the libxml library so i can use PHP and soap. I am trying to use the SoapClient and SoapServer method supplied with this library, so i can create this client and server in PHP. I have been directed to the libxml library to access these. Problem is, i have no idea on how to "install" the library on a windows platform, or where to put it etc. Can anyone help a poor starter out?

Sorry if i have wasted your time on something fairly simple, and i apologise if this is already documented somewhere.

Regards
Laura