[xml] xpath2.c

Title: xpath2.c

I'm trying to build an aplication to change the content of an element in a xml document and I've found the xpath2.c example that looks great, but it doesn't do what i expected: it never resolves an xpath _expression_.

I run the program as the documentation says and I get the same xml document printed, nothing changes.

>xpath2 test3.xml '//discarded' discarded

or

>xpath2 test3.xml '//discarded' whatever

What can I do? Are there any other alternatives to easily identify an element and change its content? O_o