[xml] memory management issues

I have been looking through the Docs and the API, and I'm not entirely
sure if I am adequately freeing all of the memory that libxml is
using.  valgrind is

I am calling xmlParseMemory on a buffer of xml input that I get back
from a curl call, and calling xmlDocGetRootElement and looking for
various nodes and extracting some content.

For every xmlNodeGetContent I have an xmlFree
For every xmlParseMemory I have an xmlFreeDoc
Do I need anything else?

Also, I'm storing the result of xmlNodeGetContent in regular char *,
is it okay to call simple free() on these pointers when cleaning up?
Or does xmlFree do something that free() doesn't?

Thanks for any help.