Re: [xml] Problems with file names in UTF-8 on Windows - now with patch

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 05:00:16PM +0200, Roland Schwingel wrote:
Here comes my revised/extended patch.

  okay, got it :-)

What is the state now:
In the case that a path cannot be accessed on disk asuming the path to be
in
utf-8 on windows, it is also tried with native encoding now as fallback.
That should
fix the first part.

[...]

When doing the patch I found 2 static functions in xmlIO.c doing quite the
same thing.
xmlSysIDExists() and xmlNoNetExists(). In favour of simplicity I decided
to discard xmlSysIDExists().

  okay xmlNoNetExists was only compiled in if catalog where activated,
but since xmlSysIDExists was always compiled in and the final version always
compile them, it's fine.

So I hope this resolves all pending issues. Feel free to reply in case of
any problems.
[..]
PS: Now with patch attached... Sorry...

  Just one last touch. It seems you open the mscrt DLL in 2 different place
in the resulting code. Can't this be shared as a single routine, guarded
with a single static variable. This is relatively complex code, and I would
prefer a single instance of it, is that possible ?

Daniel