Re: [xml] libxml questions

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 04:03:35PM -0700, Jain, Nilesh wrote:

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 02:34:48PM -0700, Jain, Nilesh wrote:
No, I got it.. its working.. but the oldest tarball I see there is
2.6.20 so having problem running against the libxml2 which is
currently
shipped with the distro, most of them are still on 2.6.17... and no
test
tarball available for that..  Are these test forward compatible I
mean
can I run 2.6.17 test against 2.6.22 libxml2?

 it probably won't work:
   - because the API extended
   - because testing schemas regression tests on older releases won't
     work either.

My understanding is that API test should work as library has stable
API/ABI, I understand that new API will not be tested if added later. Is
it correct understanding?

  yes, but standalone test were added lately, before it was just "make tests"
in the build tree. And the Schemas support is a work in progress.
 2.6.17 has no runtest or runsuite, I'm not sure about testapi

Daniel