[xml] API documentation per version of libxml?

I used the documentation on xmlsoft.org to write the code I needed for a parser. On my test machine, I had libxml2 2.6.x installed. Now I'm running into requests to make it back-compatible with version 2.5.10. Functions like xmlReadMemory, and xmlReaderForFile don't exist in 2.5.10. What are my alternative options? Is there a snapshot of the API documentation that I could look at which dates back to version 2.5.10, or any specific version, for that matter? It seems like that would be critically necessary in order to code for it.