Re: [xml] French character encoding problem

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 07:28:26PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 05:24:29PM -0400, Fred Fung wrote:
I understand that all strings are internally encoded as UTF-8. But what
I want to achieve is that, once I retrieve the UTF-8 encoded string into
a C variable, how can I convert the UTF-8 encoded squence "#C3#87" back
to the corresponding "Ç" character so that other part of my application
can use this character instead of the UTF-8 sequence ?

  It is not the question you asked in the first mail.
You can use UTF8Toisolat1() which is defined in <libxml/encoding.h>
or the iconv library which is part of the POSIX subsystem.

  I added a small paragraph in the doc with pointers to the relevant functions
at http://xmlsoft.org/encoding.html#Default .

Daniel