Re: [xml] libxml.3 rewording

I'll second what Daniel said - for example, there are enough things using libtool now that there are shared libs on HP-UX with the .so extension.

For IA64, yes. However, not for PA-RISC.

Could be, I've only been playing on IA64 recently - netperf4 stuff - but then it all gets abstracted by the .la file right?

Isn't .so on HP/IA64 the default? Our box won't be in until next week :)

I may indeed be. I've never really had to think about it before so never bothered to see if the .sl vs .so was PA-RISC vs IA64 or SOM vs ELF.

rick