RE: [xml] xhtml1 test case

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:08:52PM -0700, Jain, Nilesh wrote:

Question related to xhtml1 test case. In 2.6.20 the parse output
contains <![CDATA[ tag under <script type="text/javascript"> tag, but
in
2.6.22 it doesn't output <![CDATA[ tag, could you help me understand
the
reason?

 Because it's a suggestion to do that CDATA escaping in the XHTML1
W3C REC but in some case it is not needed and to avoid nasty interop
problem with IE that escaping is dropped when not needed:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.8

After reading above link, seems to me that CDATA tag is used to drive
parsing what to do in such cases. When I looked at the test cases,
parsing routing is adding CDATA tag internally if some entity is defined
inside javascript. Why parser is adding tag?

Where as just before that it says "SAX.error: Entity 'title' not
defined" though ent2 test file has &title defined. Why is so?

 Because in libxml2 to use SAX you need to maintain the entity
dictionnary
and provide sax->getEntity which an empty SAX handler like the one used
by
xmllint SAX tester doesn't do.

I traced the code for SAX test cases, the output change is see is
because of new callback parser is giving in case of
XML_WAR_UNDECLARED_ENTITY. Could you help me understand what action
application can take on this callback.

Thanks,
Nilesh