Re: [xml] entity resolver callback context not too useful for python

On 29 Nov 2005 at 4:07, Daniel Veillard wrote:

My hack-around solution was to use xmlReadDoc, and pass in a

  use xmlReadCtxtDoc with a context you created yourself

But I'll still get contexts in the entity resolver that I did not create and
won't know anything about. Applying a stylesheet with a
document('somewhere') function it it results in a new parsing context
being created, right?

That's done entirely within libxslt/libxml and so there's no way for me to
know anything about that context in advance, before the entity resolver is
called.

  At the C level there is a _private pointer for parsing contexts that
application can use to associate application data with that specific
processing.

When a new context is created "at the behest of an existing context", is
that pointer set on the  new context to be the same as the "parent"
context?

I thought I had read that the _private pointer was restricted for use by
some existing libxml internal mechanism.?

--
Brad Clements,                bkc murkworks com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com