Re: [xml] PATCH: implement xmlSaveToBuffer()

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 09:33:32AM -0500, Rob Richards wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
XMLPUBFUN xmlOutputBufferPtr XMLCALL
   xmlOutputBufferCreateBuffer     (xmlBufferPtr buffer,
                                    xmlCharEncodingHandlerPtr encoder);

 A new API but it's not a bad idea, making the link between normal sources
and xmlOutputBuffer / xmlInputBuffer is always confusing new comers to
libxml2.

I havent yet tried the code, looks fine though, and was going to do some
consolidation on it first
i.e. xmlOutputBufferCreateBuffer calling xmlOutputBufferCreateIO and
xmlNewTextWriterMemory calling xmlOutputBufferCreateBuffer.

Is there any reason why xmlTextWriterWriteMemCallback always returns len
and doesnt do an error check? In the event of an error writing to the
buffer it looks like this would be wrong not to signal an error.

  Right, as I said it need a bit more testing :-) (and review apparently),
it's in CVS, feel free to clean up if needed !

Daniel